From：Xiamen Hosingtech Auto Parts Co., Ltd Release time：2018-09-29
The high quality car intercooler is actually a turbocharged accessory that serves to improve the engine's ventilation efficiency. The intercooler is generally made of an aluminum alloy material. According to different cooling media, common intercoolers can be divided into air-cooled and water-cooled. The intercooler is an efficient radiator that cools the fresh air before it enters the engine.
The role of the intercooler is to reduce the intake air temperature of the engine.
(1) The temperature of the exhaust gas discharged from the engine is very high, and the heat transfer through the supercharger increases the temperature of the intake air. Moreover, the density of the air increases during compression, and also causes the temperature of the air discharged from the supercharger to rise, as the air pressure increases, but the oxygen density decreases, thereby affecting the effective charging efficiency of the engine. If you want to further improve the charging efficiency, you should lower the intake air temperature. Data shows that under the same air-fuel ratio conditions, the engine power can be increased by 3% to 5% for every 10 °C drop in charge air temperature.
(2) If the uncooled charge air enters the combustion chamber, it will affect the engine's charging efficiency, and it will easily lead to excessive engine combustion temperature, causing knocking and other faults, and increase nitrogen oxides in the engine exhaust. The content of the air pollution.
(3) Reduce engine fuel consumption
(4) Improve the adaptability to altitude. At high altitudes, medium-cooling can use a higher-pressure ratio compressor, which gives the engine more power and improves the car's adaptability.
(5) Improve supercharger matching and adaptability